전화송

I currently teach English in a public school in Seoul. Today, the fifth graders are learning the basics of telephone English and wouldn't you know it? There's a super cute, ultra cheesy song to go along with it. The basics of the worksheet and song is a Korean female says something in Korean and a Western male voice says the English language equivalent.The kids listen and read along with the Korean and sing out loud the English.

The joke for the kids is that while they're learning the English portion, I'm fervently trying to memorize and practice the Korean side of it. The song will get stuck in your head but I still recommend to listen to it. Here you are, but you've been warned.


lyrics:

야, 전화받어!
Hey! Get the phone!

니 전화야.
It's for you.

여보세요? 메리예요.
Hello? Mary here

거기 누구세요?
Who's calling please?

크게 말해 안 들려.
Speak up, I can’t hear you.

내 말 들리니?
Are you there?

오랜만에 통화하네.
Long time, no hear.

전화해도 안 받대.
I've called but no answer.

해리 있나요?
Is Harry in?

그런 사람 없는데요?
There's no Harry here.

잘못 거셨군요.
You've got the wrong number.

555-1234번 아닌가요?
Isn't this 555-1234?

앤 좀 바꿔줘요.
Can I speak to Ann?

지금 여기 없는데요.
She's not in right now.

오늘 출근 안 해요.
She's away for the day.

킴이 전화했다 전해줘요.
Tell her Kim called.
Anyways, like I said, it's really corny but still a cute little song that's actually kind of helpful for me at least.