끝말잇기 게임

This game is awesome. 끝말잇기

My wife recently introduced a word game to me that I am hooked on. Although I am hopelessly unmatched to go up against a native speaker like herself, I still think it is a lot of fun. The game is simple: One person says a Korean word with two syllables/letters (글자) and the next person in the group must come up with a word that starts with the last syllable. Round and round the game goes until someone takes too long to answer. The words must be nouns and they must be given as fast as possible. This game is obviously great for reinforcing hanja-based words but the occasional pure Korean thrown in really makes the game really interesting.

An example game might look like this:

구두 -> 두부 -> 부인 -> 인삼 -> 삼각 -> 각차 -> 차반 -> ...등등
shoes -> tofu -> ginseng -> triangle -> each people -> a type of salted fish -> ... etc

I've played some variations where the word can have three syllables or even include verbs. More can be read here at the Korean wikipedia article. A similar but seemingly more difficult game is 쿵쿵따