Hanja (한자)

I normally don't crosspost but this clearly relates to learning Korean. Check out the writeup on Hanja over at my history blog.

I've been tackling Hanja lately and it's not as bad as I thought...but then again, I just got past numbers. I can now officially write the days of the week, the numbers 1 through 10, 100, 1000, and that's about it. We all have to start somewhere and I started at the 3rd grade book from my school. Hey you gotta use what you can get your hands on. My school produces its own Hanja workbook starting from grade 3 so that's what I'm going through now. I write a little bit each day in between classes to keep up the muscle memory.

I'm also using a great little book that's a bit tricky to find but is extremely useful. I'll give it a proper writeup soon enough. It's called Useful Chinese Characters for Learners of Korean. Here's a short review. UPDATE: full review here.